Steel Framing for Builders
BUILD BETTER, STRONGER HOMES WITH MARCO STEEL FRAMES
Time is money, and Marco Frame is quick to erect, compliant & 100% accurate. Pre-punched service holes also make it easy for other trades to do their bit. We supply on time so your time is spent on construction rather than waiting on suppliers. Ready to switch to Marco steel framing for your next project?
MORE REASONS TO MAKE THE CHANGE
With obvious design and quality advantages, the benefits of building with Marco Frame® steel cannot be ignored. Learn why builder’s are choosing steel frames.
No Shrinkage & Built to Last
- Steel framing is stable during moisture changes.
- Say goodbye to cracked walls, cladding, sticking doors and window frames.
- Resists moisture penetration eliminating mould growth & rot.
Fast Install Times
- Time is money, and Marco Frame is quick to erect, compliant & 100% accurate.
- Pre-punched service holes also make it easy for other trades to do their bit. We supply on time so your time is spent on construction rather than waiting on suppliers.
Better Design Flexibility
- Preferred choice for custom architectural designs
- Strength & spanning capabilities offer better design options to create open plan spaces.
Stronger for You, Better for the Environment
- Marco Frame steel supports structural loads more effectively than timber using less material.
- Steel is 100% recyclable.
- Good environmental choice for future generations.
- Impossible to look beyond a building product that comes with a 50 year warranty.
Designed for Starke Windows + Doors
- Faster build times with Starke windows & doors.
- Tested up to and beyond New Zealand and Australian standards
- Increased strength & superior water performance.
- Pre-punched service holes for follow on trades.
- Visit their website www.starke.co.nz
Common Questions from Builders
Steel framing has been constructed successfully for decades, and have gained more popularity especially in New Zealand because of their resistance to moisture penetration, rot and warping, making it a healthier investment for you and your family for years to come.
No. Steel doesn’t shrink or swell because it does not absorb moisture. It also doesn’t twist or warp, so say goodbye to sticking doors, window jams, wavy rooflines and popping nails or screws. Steel is true and accurate, remaining stable in moisture levels year after year.
For mould to grow, it requires mould spores, moisture and organic materials. Steel cannot support mould growth because it doesn’t carry any organic materials, which is the opposite of timber framing.
Unlike timber frames, Marco Frame steel does not require any preservatives or post-treatment to prolong its life. That means it’s Allergenic free, Dust-free and minimises the use of insecticides. That’s why steel frame homes are widely recognised as a healthier home, and backed by Asthma foundations across the world.
No. Whether its steel or timber frames, framing accounts for about one-tenth of the overall cost of the building. Therefore, the actual material of the framing doesn’t impact the cost. There are added cost benefits of steel due to it being faster to erect, and easier to handle on-site, especially at heights, saving time and money. Other advantages include the reduced number of callbacks once a building is completed – Cracks, sticking doors & plaster lining damage is practically eliminated.
The steel frames, windows and doors are manufactured by us, meaning you save money through faster build times as the products have been designed in unison to work and fit together.
Steel frames provide more accuracy and strength, making it more suitable for open-plan spaces. The high strength-to-weight ratio makes steel frames ideal for single or multi-storey home designs up to 4 levels. Straight and 100% accurate, steel frames are the perfect choices for New Zealand home design. Open plan living spaces with longer spans, and precise architectural rooflines, are made possible with the strength of Starke Frame steel on sloping or flat building sections.
Marco Frame comes with a structural durability warranty of 50 years. In the building industry today, it’s impossible to look beyond a building product that comes with a warranty of that timeframe.
All New Zealand steel framing is made from cold-rolled high tensile steel, so frames are around 1/3 of the weight of comparable timber framing. The strength to weight ratio is without equal and makes it less destructive during seismic activity because it carries less mass.
No. Steel frame homes are permanently earthed in accordance with NZ building code & local authority requirements. As its earthed, lightning energy is conducted straight to ground.
Steel framing does not produce cracks from shrinkage or warping more commonly found in timber frame homes. Your home will stay warm and draft-free.
Yes, because they arrive to site pre-fabricated & ready to be installed straight away. Less weight means its lighter and easier to install too.
No. Steel frames are coated with zinc to protect it from corrosion.
DOWNLOADS FOR BUILDERS